Registrations open for the 2022 Business Advantage Papua New Guinea Investment Conference
Registrations are now officially open for the 2022 Business Advantage Papua New Guinea Investment Conference. The conference will take place on 15 & 16 August, at the premium Boulevard Auditorium at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The keynote address on Day 1 will be provided by one of Australia’s best-known business commentators, Saul Eslake. He will appear in person in Brisbane to consider the outlook for PNG in the context of a volatile geopolitical climate, and provide insights into how companies and investors can navigate these uncertain times.
This year’s event will also feature a bonus Pacific Islands Business Briefing, with updates on neighbouring economies such as Fiji and Solomon Islands.
‘As an economy, PNG is bouncing back after two quiet years and is on the cusp of a decade of transformative growth which could easily see its GDP double,’ says Andrew Wilkins, Publishing Director of event host, Business Advantage International.
‘So, where are the opportunities for business and investment? That’s exactly the question we have set out to answer with this conference, as well as give an up-to-date appraisal of PNG’s business climate.’
- View the provisional program.
To secure the best rate, register by the early bird deadline of 30 June.
Confirmed participants include
- Saul Eslake, renowned economist and business commentator (keynote)
- Aho Baliki, CEO, Heduru Moni (Moni Plus)
- Rupert Bray, Managing Director, Steamships Trading Company
- George Constantinou, CEO, Monier Ltd and Managing Director, Hebou Constructions
- Rio Fiocco, President, Port Moresby Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Jerry Garry, Managing Director, Mineral Resources Authority
- Clarence Hoot, Managing Director, Investment Promotion Authority of PNG
- Robbie Huxley, CEO, TE (PNG) Ltd * John Ma’o Kali, PNG’s High Commissioner to Australia
- Fego Kiniafa, Managing Director, PNG Ports Corporation
- Peter Larden, Chairman & Managing Director, ExxonMobil PNG
- Lars Mortensen, Managing Director, JMP Securities
- Christian Patouraux, CEO and founder, Pacific Broadband Satellites
- Ravin Prasad, CEO, Cybernetic Global Intelligence
- Janet Sios, Director, Paradise Private Hospital
- Daniel Stow, Trade Commissioner, Fiji Trade Commission Sydney
- Ian Tarutia, President, PNG Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Zanie Theron, Managing Partner, KPMG PNG
- Jocelyn Vaskas, Principle Analyst, Wood Mackenzie
- Adrian Weeks, Senior Trade Commissioner – PNG and Solomon Islands, Austrade
- David Wereh, Secretary, Department of Works and Highways
What they said about our previous conferences
‘Let me at the outset thank Business Advantage International for organising and bringing together the bilateral, regional, international and multinational business community to this very important annual PNG business conference that has been going on since 2012. You have been an important partner for this country.’ – The Hon. James Marape MP, Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea
‘Business Advantage are masters at running this conference. It was pacy, on schedule and relevant.’ – John Byrne, President, Lae Chamber of Commerce
‘This conference is an important milestone in helping investors, development partners, and the government better realise Papua New Guinea’s tremendous growth potential.’ – Alfonso Garcia Mora, IFC Vice President for Asia and the Pacific
‘Meticulously organised and yet casual, engaging and accommodating at the same time. We genuinely enjoyed ourselves.’ – Ilan Weiss, Chairman, Innovative Agro Industry
‘Congratulations on an excellent line up of speakers. The delivery and content was well structured.’ – Adrian Weeks, Senior Trade & Investment Commissioner Port Moresby and Solomon Islands, Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
‘Many congratulations on a super Conference which I think was a great success, with a wide variety of topics and speakers.’ – Robert Maxwell, CEO, ICTSI South Pacific
‘Well done on the conference, I really enjoyed it. Good spread of presenters.’ – Craig Lennon, Executive Director, Highlands Pacific Limited